March 15, 2014

The (mostly) horrible things my daughter eats, part 4

I'll post about another staple of my daughter's menu: Pizza Prosciutto. Unbaked, it looks like this:


And this is how it looks partly eaten:


Coop (one of my local supermarkets) sells it refrigerated. Migros (the other big local supermarket) used to have an organic pizza with cooked ham which Esther liked even better (because of its thick, crunchy dough), but they don't sell it here any more.

And there is also another thing featuring meat which Esther likes. Toast with Bündnerfleisch.


The toast I use is made in part with wholemeal flour. And Esther doesn't eat butter or margarine below the Bündnerfleisch.

Bündnerfleisch is air-dried beef (a specialty of the Swiss canton of Graubünden).


 
 Two slices of toast with Bündnerfleisch are a snack. But four slices qualify as a full meal.

Note that I don't think toast with Bündnerfleisch horrible (I won't eat it myself any more, but on occasion I have done so in the past and liked it). The pizza is a different case, though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment