March 31, 2014

Sake! (part 4)

So we had guests on Sunday. It was really a nice evening, even if I spent almost the whole day cooking :) And I was so busy that I didn't really have time to take pictures for posting about the food.

They brought a bottle of sake. This:



I liked it :)

I had also bought sake for that occasion. As there was no opportunity to visit the specialty shops, I went to our local Coop supermarket and bought this:


 There is next to no Japanese on the bottle. I wonder if that means that it is produced for export purposes only.

This sake also has a rather intense taste.

2 comments:

  1. So, you had only sake, and no beer or wine?

    No wonder you liked the first one. It's tokubetsu junmai shu!
    山田錦 Yamada Nishiki is a variety of rice for making sake, and
    黄桜 Kizakura (lit. yellow sakura) is a brand made by Kizakura
    http://www.kizakura.co.jp/ja/en/index.html

    The second one is Meiyo Suishin made by Suishin Yamane Honten.
    Assuming that yours is the same as this one:
    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/lw-hana/113114/
    It's honjo shu, and is good either cold or hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was beer in the house as well, but the ladies opted for o-cha and the men really drank only sake. If you would like to know what I did, I'd rather send you a private message somehow ;) (Having said that, I think you can guess pretty well what I did.)

      Thank you for the links :) It's interesting to see how the bottles and labels here differ from those in Japan.

      Delete