January 28, 2014

At the Nippon Sushi Bar

On Friday, my daughter brought home a very good school report card. And she had been asking to have sushi again for a while now. We had other reasons to go to the city center today as well, so I decided to take her to the Nippon Sushi Bar, which is located in the basement of a big department store.

This is what my daughter had (and another plate just like this):


And this is what I had:



 
 What I like about the Nippon Sushi Bar is that the sushi are always fresh and tasty, and that the people operating it are honmono no nihonjin (real Japanese people). I love to listen to their conversation and being able to understand bits and pieces of it :) In most sushi places here in Switzerland, the people making the sushi come from other Asian countries.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, incredible! Sushi of that quality is available overseas???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing, considering that Switzerland is a landlocked country.
      My Japanese language tandem partner said that sushi is terribly overpriced here, though.

      Delete