August 19, 2014

Premonitions of Bento Mania...

Highschool has started for Esther yesterday.

And the first thing she said when she returned home yesterday was: "They don't have any Coca-Cola at the canteen. They have Dr Pepper and various energy drinks, but no plain Coke."

Hmmm. Dr Pepper is British. Most people I know say that it tastes similar to Cherry Coke. I used to like it a lot. I think that it tastes faintly of violets.


I would never have guessed that it was popular enough around here to be featured by a school canteen ;)

Esther also said that the air in the canteen was hot and stifling, and that there are about 2000 students at the school, but the canteen holds only about 60 people.

So yesterday and today she was lucky enough to be able to eat at the canteen. But I secretly asked myself if I'd turn into one of those crazy mums that get up at 4 in the morning to prepare fabulous bentos for their kids.

I tried looking at various bento blogs with her. But she lost interest rather quickly.

These are the things she said she would like in her bento so far: Strawberries, cherries, edamame and rice.

Not quite a sufficient variety to create more than one bento out of that.

To be continued.



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to another bento post.

    You really want to be one of those "crazy mums"? I think most Japanese moms spend about 20-40 minutes in the morning to prepare one or more bento, using 4-5 okazu.

    ReplyDelete