August 14, 2014

Prawns and a fountain

We came back from a vacation in Sri Lanka a few days ago.

Food was mostly buffet style, and as I've said before, I'm not very fond of posting pictures of food which I have got myself from a buffet.

And if the food wasn't buffet style, it didn't look so spectacular.

I have one photo of a dish Esther ordered on the way to Sri Lanka at Dubai Airport, though, which I found rather impressive, even if the prawns are not straight ;)
 

 Hmmm. It looked more impressive in reality ;)

For a certain reason I would like to post photos of one fountain in Zurich-Oerlikon as well.



The two figures (a man and a woman) are each holding a fish between their legs, the water spouting from the mouths of the fish.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the last two photos! Quite frankly, I don't think that the artwork looks very similar to the one I talked about in my blog, but I like it just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. The more I juggled the pictures (of the artworks in your blog and in mine) in my mind, the more I failed to understand why I immediately thought of this well when I saw the picture of the bench with the girl and the dog.

      But I have decided to admit to more imperfections (mainly of the food and drink we create, but also of other things) in my blog. I guess the photos of the well also fall under this header.

      Delete